Wednesday 2 March 2011

Pictures after editing








I edited the background completely out of the image I intend to use on the cover to make it just the outline of 'Lily-Emma'. I did this solely because I wanted as much plain space on the cover to fill with bright coverlines and boxes.










 I made two spaces on the contents page to break up the text on the list of pages and numbers. The two pictures here needed to be plain and the figure on them be noticable and lead into the rest of the magazine (ie. the Lily-Emma image needed to be another image from the set of images I took for the double page spread). I rounded the corners of the two images to make them fit in with the house style of the rounded boxes of the contents page.

The editing made to the larger double-page spread picture was just to make it lighter and brighter. I also added cartoon pencil drawings to the image to make it more appealing to the audience. The picture on its own is quite plain with a single figure in the middle of the page. I added the extra images to make it busier and to distract the attention away from the trees and grass, so the page didn't look too much like a gardening magazine and more appealing to a younger teenage audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment