Monday 6 December 2010

Draft text for main article

For my main article, double page spread, I will use a small piece of text introducing the artist and then an interview with them. It will be split into questions and answers. The article will be with a artist who is new on the music scene, so it will introduce them personally as well as information about their music. The language used will be very informal and use a lot of slang so the audience can relate to it.
________________________________________________________________________


Just seventeen years old, a unique voice, girl group looks AND a number one single under her belt, (NAME) is being tipped for big things. She already worked with Tinchy Stryder and Usher and is grabbing the attention of many music-minded teenagers.
As she prepares for the release of her debut album (NAME), we catch up with her to find out more.
Welcome to (magazine name) (artist name)! How did you feel when your debut single (name) when to number one?
I was really surprised! I couldn’t have asked for anything more, it had such a good response, especially since you don't know how it was going to go. I've been working on it for practically the past year so I’m always so proud telling people ‘I’ve had a number one single’!!

Tell us about the album.
The albums got a bit of everything. There are some fast songs similar to (name of first single) that you really want to get up and dance to. And then there are some slower ones that I hope people like me can really relate to. It’s took a lot of hard work and I’m so grateful to all the people that have helped me with it!

Whats your favourite track on the album and why?
My favourite song on the album is definitely (name). I love performing it and it just makes you feel sooo good inside!

Have you got used to being famous yet?
Not really! It’s lovely meeting fans in the street, stopping for a picture and an autograph, I love it! But it’s still really weird when they stop me. I’m like ‘Who? Me?’ (laughs)

What about your life away from being (name) ‘the pop star’? You must not get much time out?
You’re right! I don’t really get much time off, especially with the album coming out so soon. It’s been promotion here and promotion there for weeks on end. But luckily Im really close to my band and my manager so I never get lonely or bored. After the albums released ive got a couple of weeks before I start touring with (big popstar name), so I should get a few days to relax then!

Oh yeah! We heard you are supporting (big popstar name). How did that come about?
It was really weird because it was sort of a ‘her people came to my people’ moment. I got a phone call one afternoon from (name), my manager. And she said that (big popstar name) had got in touch wanting to know if id be prepared to be a special guest on her tour! It was buzzing and couldn’t say no!

Your family must be really proud….
Oh yeah! They are always supportive in anything I do. They have always told me to do what I like doing and push myself as far as I can go, and I think I’m doing them proud!

And what about these rumours about you and Justin Bieber….?
(laughs) I’ve never even met the boy! I don’t know where the press get these stories from. Im sure hes lovely and all, but sorry, hes not the one for me!!

So, is there anyone special in your life?
Absolutely not! I don’t have time for boys. My life is far too busy as it is! The only man in my life is, Sammy, my dog!

Finally, give us three reasons why you should buy your album?
Ohhh, don’t put me on the spot! Right, one, if you like a mixture of slow and fast feel good music (album name) is the one for you! Two, I can promise you that you’ve never heard anything like this before. And three, buy my album, make me number one and you’ll make me the happiest girl in the world!

________________________________________________________________________


Potential pull-quotes I can use on the double-page spread:

  • "I don't have time for boys!'
  • "It's weird when fans stop me in the street"
  • "The only man in my life is, Sammy, my dog!"  
  • "Im not going out with Justin Bieber!!"
________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment